Cardinal and White

The Student News Site of Whittier High School

Cardinal and White

Cardinal and White

Tranquillity collage
Tranquillity collage
April 29, 2024
Lucky poem
Lucky poem
April 24, 2024
Slide 1
The Prom Dance
April 17, 2024

Five Nights at Freddy’s Movie Review

“I…always…come back!!”

✭✭✭✭ (4.5 stars out of 5) – Five Nights at Freddy’s (2023)

After 6 longful-waited years, our shift at Freddy Fazbear’s Pizzeria is finally over as the alarm hits “6 am” on October 27th 2023. Ladies & Gentlemen, we finally received the “Five Nights at Freddy’s” movie after the announcement back in late 2017 by Scott Cawthon (the creator of the FNAF universe). This film revolves around a newly hired security guard, Mike Schmidt (Josh Hutcherson) who is in charge of taking care of a family diner restaurant during the night. While surveilling, things start to become strange once he comes to a realization that he might not be alone. Animatronics can’t walk & talk by them-selves…right?

* * *

This film was everything that any type of OG fan would have wanted in this franchise. The idea of getting to see the three iconic animatronics on the big screen was such a nostalgic & exhilarating feeling that completed most of our childhood’s to those who grew up playing the games. I feel like what I liked most about this film was how the director (Emma Tammi) was able to connect some of the fan lore with the storyline associated with the film. Although most individuals seeing his film know the meaning behind the film, I feel as if this is an adequate film for anyone to watch who aren’t associated with the fandom or have no idea as to what the film is about. Through the various elements of the film such as the cinematography, color scheme as well as the soundtrack… I feel like it really adds the cherry to the top of this film & to what I hope is to become a new franchise installment to the film community. I would categorize this film as a fun teen-flick for anyone of the ages 11 & up to watch during the halloween season. In my perspective, this film is recommended to anyone who is interested in getting into the fandom or just looking for a film to enjoy & pass the time.