Cardinal and White

The Student News Site of Whittier High School

Cardinal and White

Cardinal and White

Tranquillity collage
Tranquillity collage
April 29, 2024
Lucky poem
Lucky poem
April 24, 2024
Slide 1
The Prom Dance
April 17, 2024

Jazmin Bean “Traumatic Livelihood” Album Review

From an Instagram Make-up artist, to becoming a Doll-like Pastel Indie band!!

After the initial self-release of their first EP, “Wordwide Torture” in 2019, eye-catching English singer, Jazmin Bean, had promised their audience that an album was in the works & planned to be coming out within the next year or so. Through the process of making their album, they had gone through some trials & tribulations with their signing of a record label as well as mental health obstacles. This initially then caused their debut album to be delayed more than what fans had anticipated. Throughout the years of 2020, Jazmin had taken a break from music but kept on releasing singles for fans to hear as well as posting snippets of unreleased songs off the album to tease the audience on what songs will be featured on this album. On October 7th 2023, the announcement of their album “Traumatic Livelihood” was announced on their Instagram & many fans were overjoyed to hear this amazing news.

. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁ ⟡ ݁ . ⊹ ₊ ݁ . ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁ ⟡ ݁ . ⊹ ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁ ⟡ ݁ . ⊹ ₊ ݁ . ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁ ⟡ ݁ . ⊹ ₊ ݁. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁ ⟡ ݁ .

An album that was set to be released 5 years ago was released a week from today. Jazmin Bean’s “Traumatic Livelihood” touches upon the subject matter of individuals who have gone through the struggles of relationships, addiction & the matter of self acceptance. Through the various mixtures of genres of Pop, Soft Rock & Alternative, Jazmin takes us onto the journey throughout the album to tell the story of their life & what has resonated with them on their path. With songs like “Piggie”, “Favorite Toy” & “You Know What You’ve Done”, it promises to have you feeling like the main character inside a 2000s indie film. Though the melodies of the songs have such a joyful rhythm, the lyrics touch upon superficial topics that give the album a more in-depth meaning when combining both the lyrics & beats. If you enjoy artists like Poppy, Melanie Martinez or Ashnikko then this is an album that I definitely recommend giving a listen to enjoy its beautifully crafted aesthetic & support of a small artist!!

Here are some platforms where you could stream their album ٩(^ᗜ^ )و ´-

Apple Music: https://music.apple.com/us/album/traumatic-livelihood/1710373574

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/2bJSnPuFrikBDE4F6SxNC4?si=S-KfAy7YSoqRM1e4acaoxw

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/jazmin-bean/albums